Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My Husband Derek Burt died last year and with him his

Customer Question

My Husband Derek Burt died last year and with him his debit card of course. He had a letter on 19th March to update his kindle e-reader that i am not able to use. I am learning to use computer etc., is there some way that the kindle can be transferred to my name? Can a Kindle retailer help me? My son updated the kindle on 19th when he visited but it still says it needs updating. I tried to access Derek's account but it wasn't found and I don't know his password.
Thank you. Hilary Burt
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Is it Kindle fire or Kindle paperwhite let me know the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's a fire but don't know. where is the model number,nothing visible on kindle
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Do you have access to the email on which the Kindle is registered or the phone number registered to the kindle.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
click here for kindle updation
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
As per the conversation with Hilary, as she does not know the amazon account id or password ***** was used to register the kindle, any updation will not be possible from the device itself.Guided her with the amazon customer call form and she would be given a call by amazon to get the kindle registered in her name with her id.