Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My I Pad said to "Update " so I pressed it. It asks

Customer Question

Hello.
My I Pad said to "Update " so I pressed it. It asks for Apple ID and Password ***** activate. Keeps talking about I Phone. I don't have an I Phone. I put in Apple ID but don't have a password. Says the one I used for ICloud. What's that? Don't do ICloud. Why can't I use my I Pad now? It's never had a previous owner. Had it from new.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it showing part of an email address on the iPad's screen? If yes, do you recognize that email address?Do you currently have access to that email address on a computer or on another device?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I Pad screen?I only have one e mail address. This is so confusing? I paid but can't get a reply it seems. Can you ring me if I give a number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
On your Ipad tablet, what is showing right now? Please tell me everything on it.I do live online support. Do you also have a windows or mac computer? Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can help fixing your icloud / apple id account password ***** through your computer for you, then you can try on the iPad?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On I Pad it says Activate I Pad Asks for Apple ID I put that in BUT also asks for a Password??? I don't have one. Says on Activation help same as I Cloud? What is that? I don't do I cloud so wouldn't have a clue. I' seem to have lost access because it asked me to update?? I've been the only owner if this I Pad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not good with computers!
Does the iPad also say something like "This iPad is currently linked to an Apple ID (*******.) Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPad."?Besides the iPad, do you also have a computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it says it's linked to Apple ID then shows my e mail address. I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 7 does that help? This is crazy! I only pressed to update!
Great. Your Apple ID is your email address. Now, to reset your Apple password, please click on the website below:https://iforgot.apple.com/, then there, enter your email address, then click on Continue at the bottom, and follow the instructions there in order to reset your password, then try it on the iPad.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
If there is any error or if you are stuck at any step following my above suggestion, please let me know, so I can help further. Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and help you directly.When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.