Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Live mail error ID.OX8DE20003 (Server error 3204)

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomecan you tell me please the version of windows you are using?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youPlease press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin)A black window will open. Type in it sfc /scannow press enter and when it has completed, type in chkdsk /r Press enter. It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer. Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has. Then try to send an email and tell me if it now sends please. I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.