Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Years I have accessed my emails by an icon on my screen

For many years I have accessed my emails by an icon on my screen which has taken me direct to my plus net emails. Now, suddenly, I am asked by Google to sign in. I have forgotten my password, not so far as I can remember, used it for years. In trying to retrieve it I am asked questions I cannot answer, when the account was started (years ago), and when I last signed in - cannot remember.Also I no longer have a mobile phone.
I have supplied a number of the email addresses of email recipients - Anita***@******.***,***@******.***,***@******.***, Beckyathamiltontownsend.co.uk,***@******.***,***@******.***. I have also received and sent emails from my siste rin the USA - Betty Soos but as i cannot get into my contacts cannot give her amil address.
I can access my plusnet email account via Google but that is no substitute for having direct access, as I cannot get to my contacts list or sent emails.
I am nearly 90 years of age. This problem is cauysing me stress. Can you assist please in retrieving my password. I would have thought the list of email recipients and the fact i can access my plusnet accoutn via Google shouldbe sneough to establish I am who I say I am!
Brian Newman
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome BrianI am sorry to hear about your problem.If you click on my link below, this should take you straight to your webmail like you use to access ithttps://www.plus.net/index_portal.htmlCan you click on the link and let me know how you go please I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you