Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I cannot connect my Fuji ASK 30 printer to my new computer.

Customer Question

I cannot connect my Fuji ASK 30 printer to my new computer. The computer sees the printer as a device but when I try to add a printer it cannot see it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me if your on a windows or Mac computer and which version?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanksDo you have the disk with you that came with the printer?I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a disk but I have downloaded the drivers from Fuji, I will accept the remote offer because I've tried all the support forums and cannot work out what to do next
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
643 662 401 and 4m89xh
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** 5 minutes and I will connect
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard the computer did not ask for an option!?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to hold SHIFT down when you restart to get to the menu.So to repeatHold the shift key while clicking on RestartSelect Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart After Restart select option 7.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok this time it worked and the comp is starting
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** when it has please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm back up and running but cannot remember what to do sorry!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Run the Teamviewer program and give me the id and password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
643 662 401
8c2q1f
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks