Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Back in 2004 I had a hotmail account which

Hi...back in 2004 I had a hotmail account which I haven't used for years and to which i don't remember the password. I'd love to access it again as it will have emails my son sent me when he was away on a gap year. Trouble is that when I put it in and ask for the password ***** blurb comes up that it's not a recognised account. Is there any way that I can get back in to it?
I'd be very grateful for any help with this, please.
Cathy ********* (its address is***@******.***. My present one is***@******.*** ) Many thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhich of the two email addresses you gave is the one with the problem Cathy? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but I'd rather not have remote help; I thought you'd just tell me how to get a new password ***** the account which i indicated is the one I can no longer access.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi CathyAs I indicated, its a optional service else please respond to my question which I repeated belowWhich of the two email addresses you gave is the one with the problem Cathy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first one which is***@******.***. Thanks Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The email account has been closed sorry Cathy, and all data on it will have been removed.You would need to make a new account which you can do via my link belowhttps://signup.live.com/But all the data, and the account itself have been removed some time agoIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you