Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My iPad Air was updated and now I cannot activate it.

Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I have two iPads, it was my original one which has stopped working not the iPad Air.
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Try these steps please> sign in to iCloud.com, so you can remove Activation Lock from the iPad:Turn off your iPad.Then from your computer> Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID and password.Open Find My iPhone.Select All Devices, then select your older iPad that you are having this problem with.Click Remove from Account. If you still see a map in the device detail view, select All Devices again, click next to your device, then click Remove.Then try setting up the iPad again. Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot use the iPad. |It opens with Hello, goes to enter password,then tries to activate , sends a message " Your iPad could nt be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecying you iPad to iTunes to activate it, try again. If this problem persists, contact Apple Support." I ahve been trying since yesterday.
okay, did you turn off Activation Lock in the findmyiphone for that iPad in icloud.com on your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says both are off line
okay, try this next please>Connect your iPad to a computer.Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.While your iPad is connected, force it to restart: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Keep holding down the buttons until you see the Recovery mode screen. When you get the option to restore or update in iTunes, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPad will exit recovery mode, and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.After the update is complete, you need to leave your iPad connected to the computer and complete the activation setup process for your iPad using iTunes.If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPad after the update is complete, disconnect your iPad and reconnect it to the computer. If it still doesn't appear, try to connect it to another computer to complete the setup process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it says that it cannot be synced error -54
okay, >>>click here<<< and try the steps listed please.
Experience: Computer specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 79 and have tried your suggestions. Thank you but I will leave it until my son comes to see me as he understands what he is doing. Thank you for your help.
Mary
okay, let me know if I can help then.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I tried everything you said, got advice from other people all to no avail. I took it into a reputable repair shop today who advised to send it back to Apple as it was their update which made it impossible to activate. I have done so.
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 12 months ago.
okay, thank you for letting me know.