Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a Samsung galaxy sii gti19100. have been unable

Customer Question

hi . I have a Samsung galaxy sii gti19100. have been unable to access email
or gmail accounts. response says unable to contact server.
internet access is ok. calls and texts being sent and received ok.
email and google accounts work ok on pc.
using virgin network - virgin say no problem with network.
flight mode is off. packet data is on. virgin media mobile is ticked as apn.
mobile network type hsdpa, service state shows in service.
mobile network state shows connected.
have tried adding new account manually but just responds as unable to connect with server.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.On your tablet.....are you using the Gmail application?OrAre you using the built-in browser, and navigating to the email login?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi- hsve tried both. have tried to access my normal email via the email app and also tried to access google mail
via the gmail app. they were working fine for 2 years or so until 2 weeks ago. think I may have some of the settings wrong but cant find which. have tried the email app directly and also the social hub app. social hub seems to be disabled but when trying to set up via the social hub app it responds with unable to connect server.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry - just to clarify- it isn't a tablet- its a Samsung android phone galxy sII
okay...so the default EMAIL app included with almost every android device is really a piece of junk.....and i would advise on NOT using it.Rather.....go to the PLAY STORE.....and get the official Gmail App.you can also get the official app for just about EVERY email service out there......like AOL, and Yahoo, and Hotmail..Remove all email apps you have now.....and re-download the Gmail app first.
Any updates to this?