Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I am trying to allow a Windows 10 Upgrade to take place on

Customer Question

I am trying to allow a Windows 10 Upgrade to take place on a computer running Windows 7 and the upgrade is failing as Windows Net Framework appears to be corrupted on this PC. I have tried to upload Microsoft Net Framework Several Times but it keeps failing to install. I suspect something important has been inadvertently removed from the Net Framework files in the past and this is why Net Framework will not install.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.have you tried to install the .net file what happens when you try to install it.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It gets so far along the process and then the error message says failed to install.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
Try to remove .net framework from the windows 7 completely from the add remove programs however after removal restart the computer and then download a new copy of .net and before running install right click on the install file and select run as administrator.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am reinstalling as we speak to see how far along the process it gets.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
did you unistall .net before reinstalling and did you download a new copy of .net.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes, I seemed to have several version on the PC so have taken them all off
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am installing Version 4.5 and there does not appear to be any other versions of NF on the PC
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
can you tell me its windows 7 32 bit or 64bit i will give you the correct .net download file link.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think that it is 32 bit - where would I find out?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It has just failed again and the error message says that the Windows Installer service could not be accessed
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
when was it working fine earlier on windows 7
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
A long time ago, I have not bothered with it because I have not needed it until now. it seems to be needed for quite a few programs however
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
have you backed up your data of this computer on an external drive incase anything goes wrong with windows 10 upgrade you have your data safe.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not yet.I was trying to get Net Framework working first.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
while trying to install the .net incase anything goes wrong you will loose your data so try to backup your data then we can directly get windows 10 downloaded and install rather then running update.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am using easy transfer to back up data
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
alright.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately, this is going to take a long time so I think that I will have to abandon it
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
once its done you can let me know.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need a quicker way to back up and the computer is quite slow due to it needing a complete clean up
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will try to back up to a hard drive now which will I hope be quicker be quicker
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Files are backing up to a ClickFree device
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
does it have adequate space to backup your files on the the clickfree device?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No it doesn't look as if there is enough space
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
you will have to get a usb drive with a good backup capacity.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
This is not a time bound chat we can continue anytime you get the external drive.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a WD My Cloud 2TB dive but I suspect that backing up to that over a network will take a while
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
take your time.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Now backed up onto the WD My Cloud (I had forgotten that I already had done this a few months ago so just a few additional files needed back up)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you going to respond further?
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
my apology about the delay.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
How to Install Windows 10 Without Windows Update Right Now, Using Microsoft’s ToolBefore you decide to move ahead with the process, there are some things that need to be taken care of. As usual, you need sufficient disk space in your system drive, and your PC must be having an active internet connection to download the setup files.Note: Your PC must be running genuine and activated Windows 7 or Windows 8. This media creation tool also works if you are running some older preview build of Windows 10 Preview upgraded from genuine Windows 7 or 8.Now confirming all the requirements, it’s time install Windows 10 on your PC. Head over to Microsoft’s website to download the media creation tool and choose the appropriate 32-bit or 64-bit version. You can download the directly from the links given below.Windows 10 Download Tool 32-bitWindows 10 Download Tool 64-bit
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616935 for 32 bit
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616936 for 64 bit
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried to download windows 10 from the little symbol that appeared previously but it did not work as it said that Microsoft Net Framework was needed and I cannot get this to install on the PC.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 months ago.
attached again with the link now the last one posted.