Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8, and I have

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8, and I have already encountered two problems:
a) I can connect to my printer to print e-mails, but it will no longer connect with the printer to print attachments or any other form of image
b) the icon called 'Control Panel' has vanished, so that I am no longer able to right click on that, right click on 'Devices & Printers', and then left click on the image of my printer, in order to start a scan
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.1. You have to reinstall the printer driver to make the printer work on windows 10 and the printer should be compatible to windows 10.2. Right click on the windows start button on the bottom left hand side you will see control panel in the list.let me know if you have any question feel free to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. But the printer driver is already installed, and is compatible with windows 10, or I would not be able to print my e-mails. How do I reinstall it ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
do you want me to remote connect and install the printer and test it for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d41938ee-ab4f-496d-aeba-630d4330c726
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Secure Remote AssistanceAfter you click it will open a page click on the green "I Agree" button.Download and run the Elsinore screen connect.Allow it to install and let it be opened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find anything called 'Remote Assistance' to click on
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Click here
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
michelleclive: Himichelleclive: this is michellemichelleclive: i will take the mouse control nowmichelleclive: What is the printers make and model?Guest: HP ENVY 7640michelleclive: how is it connected to the computermichelleclive: usb or wirelessmichelleclive: please check if there is any wire connected apart from the power cablemichelleclive: alrightGuest: wireless I think, but there is a wire to the power supply onlymichelleclive: please leave the mousemichelleclive: how many printers do you have in total which you useGuest: only onemichelleclive: okmichelleclive: i need to restart the computer now and i wil do it remotely all you have to do is login back to windows and i will be reconnected.michelleclive: then i will download and install the printer drivermichelleclive: please reply so that i can proceedGuest: yes ok but when do I log back in ?michelleclive: when the computer restart an you get the windows login screenGuest: okmichelleclive: himichelleclive: i am connectedGuest: so what next ?michelleclive: open justanswer emailmichelleclive: okmichelleclive: do you use fax?Guest: nomichelleclive: enter your postal codeGuest: donemichelleclive: let me know if it printsmichelleclive: please open your emailGuest: it does - but that is text, which I had no problem withmichelleclive: let me know if this one printedGuest: it did, but that is another memo - can you see if it will print an attachment to a memo ?michelleclive: yes please open an email that has an attachementmichelleclive: then i will trymichelleclive: ok leave the mousemichelleclive: i will check nowmichelleclive: let me know if the email and the attachment printedGuest: it did, but that was a 'Word' document - can we now try an image too ?michelleclive: yes sure..open the one you want to printmichelleclive: did it printGuest: it is very slow, but it is printing nowmichelleclive: the image is too heavy so it will take time to printmichelleclive: i hope the problem is fixedGuest: Thank you very much - it looks as if it is - but I'm amazed that it is so long and complicated to fix !