Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

As of yesterday 25/03/2016 Laptop showed low Battery 10% needs

Customer Question

As of yesterday 25/03/2016
Laptop showed low Battery 10% needs charging.
When I plugged in the charger battery Icon did not register charging (red cross)
Tried using a alternative plug socket. No difference
Tried using compatible charger from wifes work computer no change.
I left Charger plugged in for 3-4 hrs still registering only 10% charge. The Battery was hot to touch !
I have been to PC world today and have been advised to contact HP direct as it sound like a possible battery defect.
Battery number MU06 Notebook Battery-593553-001
Laptop Product key
KDPVV-R3JK3-JFPPX-2PJQG-BFQWY
X16-96072
I look forward to your advice and guidance
Alan Moore ***@******.***
00196-241-398-039
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir from the symptoms you gave above in the question seems like its a faulty battery that is why its getting too hot when its charging.This happens when the cells in the battery are damaged.How old this laptop ?Could you please let me know the full model of the laptop?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir checking to see whether you still need my help.Please let me know.Sincerely,JohnNote:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.