Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have forgotten my password. When I try to go to browser i

I have forgotten my password. When I try to go to browser i cannot get in
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.
Hi there,If you do not know the wifi password ***** you cannot get logged on to the router, then press and hold the small reset button on the router for 20 seconds to reset it.Once it has been reset, you can use the default password, normally printed on the label on the router.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have followed the instructions on my Kindle and switched off WPS on router and turned it on again after a short wait an used the WPS on my Kindle to reconnect. It now shows I am on a BT hub.
How can I check that it's acually working.
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.
Hi John,Depending on what Kindle version you have, it may have a web browser or email app on it - you can test if those are working...
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Well, your first suggestion didn't work. I'll get back to you with details of my Kindle later. So far - not impressed
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.
Ok, do get back to me so I can assist you further...
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.
We can work on this problem until you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi ***** model number is *****
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Can you access the Kindle book store and browse books?If you can, then you are connected to the internet.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I can't access either
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Ok, then it has not connected correctly to the internet.Can you try connecting to a different wifi connection and let me know if it connects successfully?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Still no connection. Message that my Kindle cannot connect
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Ok, if resetting the Kindle to its default settings did not help either then it is defective and will need to be replaced.Amazon are usually quite helpful in replacing these as they want to keep their customers so I would recommend contacting them first.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let's try resetting to default again. Is that ok?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Yes you can try it again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't restore to default because the Kindle wants a password ***** get into the browser
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Try using###-##-#### ***** let me know if that works?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi. Before I put in that number I went to my browser and reset WPS. I can now get my Kindle onto the browser but nothing else. I can get to the Kindle shop but that's it. I still can't use any of the Wi-Fi's that I have on my settings
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Ok, then the Kindle is indeed defective and will need to be replaced.
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.