Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When I click on a site that has come on the page after making

when I click on a site that has come on the page after making a search on google, nothing happens, the ipad stays on the search results page
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Willie and welcomeCan you do the following pleaseLaunch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.Scroll down and tap on Safari.Now scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on Advanced.Tap on Website Data. Notice here you can see how much space on your iPhone or iPad website data is taking up.Scroll to the bottom again and tap on Remove All Website Data.Confirm one more time you'd like to delete all data.Then hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.Let the iPad restart and tell me please if it is now functioning correctly.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
I did as asked, but still not working
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset all Settings.Let this complete, then restart the iPad again and tell me if it now functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still no joy I'm afraid
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.Let this complete and when you have, you will need to connect to wifi again.Once connected, tell me how it now functions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now it wont even open the page I searched for [BBC]!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you first need to connect to wifi again, you may have missed it in my instructions, go to Settings, Wifi and connect to your wifi network again.Then try to get to a website please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I connected to wi fi ok, and I got the google search page, searched for BBC then nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BT home hub 2.
I know its old but my IPhone is still working with it. Also, the google home page on the Ipad now cannot find my location. Is that significant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it did find my location up to the last change that you asked me to make
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we will then need to do a reset of your iPad Willie, this will remove all data from the iPad and return it to new but we cannot avoid this so backup any data off it first.Then go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all data and reset settings.Let this complete and when it has, setup the iPad again like when you first received it and tell me if it is now functioning correct please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that later and get back to you if that is ok. I need to back everything up
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem Willie, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
I have re sett as directed and reloaded [most apps still reloading]
Google now loads search page and location works but still cannot click on a link in google search list and go to the web site
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am here Willie. go to Settings > Safari > scroll down to Advanced > turn off JavaScript.Then tell me please if the links work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, still same, on bbc page via google, click on link, nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Tap and hold down on a link, and choose open in new tabThen does it work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, it highlights link in grey, the froze the page so I cant click on any thing else
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, go to the app store and download the app Google Chrome which is an alternative to Safari.Open the app and use this and tell me if the links now work please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that works Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, since the last update on the iPad, some iPAds suffer from this issue, we have gone through all fixes but for you you will have to use Google Chrome until the next update that will fix this.But Google Chrome does everything (and in my opinion better) then safari
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks for your help
bye
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome