Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have stupidly lost my samsung laptop bootup disk and now

Customer Question

I have stupidly lost my samsung laptop bootup disk and now have a problem trying to download a bootable win 7 disk. I tried through microsoft and the product key is shown as a pre installed copy of windows. I was told to contact the manufacturer which i am now doing. Are you able to help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Chris and welcomeWhat is the exact error you receive when you get the Blue screen of Death?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't remember as the exact problem is not replicating itself now. the latest is that on trying to boot up the message is:- windows cannot start because the following file is missing or corrupt:- windows root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. please reinstall a copy of this file
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the model of the computer please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should have mentioned that i downloaded the win 10 update and after a couple of days i tried to revert back to win 7. that is what caused the problem.
a Samsung 17" laptop about 3 years old
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
calling now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If u r still around I have managed to get an old win 7 disk and have the comp up and running but it won,t recognise any drivers for wi if graphics etc. The old drives appear to still be intact with a "system drive E".
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you give me please the exact model number of the laptop and I can get them for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NP305E7A-SO1 UK
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksUnder Driver here you can download all the drivers onto a memory stick and then copy them over to the Laptop and installhttp://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/NP305E7A-S01UKthey are all the drivers for the Laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** let you know how I get on!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome!