John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

While trying to set up another separate google account for

While trying to set up another separate google account for my wife I mistakenly deleted our usual joint e mail account - I think it still exists, how do I re-instate it on my laptop?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir do you remember the password ***** your joint gmail account?Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do remember my(our) password ***** our joint e mail is still live and accessible on my wife's laptop. We both have Windows 10 installed
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.Are you trying to open your joint gmail using Chrome browser?Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir if you are using Chrome to open your joint gmail first you need to sign out from your wife's gmail.To do that click on your wife's gmail address on the top right corner and then click on sign out once you are signed out from that you can open gmail page using this https://mail.google.com then enter your joint email address and its password.See if that opens your joint email account.Please let me know the resultSincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you mean how I log on:- I click on Chrome on my 'bottom' bar which fetches up the google home page. On the top bar are various items, TSB bank, BBC weather, Edf, etc. The one for my e mail is 'Gmail.Us' this used to fetch up two 'sign in' boxes - one for our usual joint emails***@******.*** and another one [email protected] .com which I set up for my Virgin phone account. I tried to set up another one for my wife for private talk with daughter. She didn't like it and used the delete button on that account but inadvertently clicked again on***@******.*** and I can't find/or get it back.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I believe you have removed the gmail account from your Chrome which you can add it.First you need to sign out from your wife's gmail account.To do that first open gmail page click on your wife's gmail address on the top right corner and then click on sign out once you are signed out from that you can open gmail page using this https://mail.google.com then enter your joint email address and its password.See if that opens your joint email account.Please let me know the resultSincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure I understand this, my wife's laptop is currently shut down, there is no indication on my laptop of my wife's e mail. to be more precise - we have the same e mail address on both our laptops, any e mail that comes in comes to both, but we have independent use of the site i.e. if I send an e mail the details will register on her laptop and like wise - I can see who she has corresponded with. There is nothing on the top right of my sceen that has anything to do with my wife's e mail. I hope I am making this a bit clearer for you?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I am little bit confused.What happens when you open the web link i gave above for opening the gmail page,does it show your wife's gmail inbox or your joint gmail inbox?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither, I put the link you gave me in the search box followed by the e mail address and our password ***** ended up on a general page with 'no results found'.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You do not need to enter that in the search box you can click on it and it will open gmail page,could you please click on this link and check it https://mail.google.com/mail/?tab=wm#inbox
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I copied your link exactly into the search box and when I click on it it brings up the only e mail still active on the page which is:- [email protected] .com. This is my mobile phone account address.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Can you see a sign out option like this on that gmail page top right corner ?Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, no.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
In that case may i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=527837af-d8f9-4b0c-8994-6993747d8087# that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir it seems like i got disconnected after restart so please let me know once you are back online.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir i haven't heard from your after the restart,Are you able to login to your gmail account now?Please let me know the status.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I was 'invited' to retire I worked as an efficiency engineer in a nuclear power station, as is obvious from our brief (but profitable for me!) relationship, I was a mechanical engineer by training. From my point of view you get a full house of stars(?) for expertise, speed and politeness, thanks again, Jim.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir please rate me using the options just below this box or above this page, select the rating and click on submit.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-johnSincerely,John