nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Efficient expert with more than 30 years of experience.
76814648

My Nexus 7 won't charge, has now lost all power.

Category: Computer
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nancie. Welcome to justanswer.Try this troubleshooting: Plug-in your dead N7 to a wall charger. (Jump immediately to step 2.)2. Immediately after plugging it in, press Volume Down and Power at the same time.*This should get you into the bootloader menu. You may have to try this with different chargers or test out the timing in order to get it to work.3. Once in the bootloader menu, use Volume Down until you see “Power Off Device.”4. Choose that option with the Power button.5. Once your device is off, unplug the charger and then plug it back into the device.6. You should now see the battery meter (pictured above) with your device returning to life.
Also try plugging the N7 with a usb cable and connecting it to a computer. See if it starts charging or not.
Hi Nancie,Please update me with the status of your problem.Regards Nathan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan, Thank you for your responses. I've tried all this and tablet is totally dead. Don't know what I did wrong.
Thanks for the help ....
N
Regards, Nancie
Try charging by using another charger to see if the fault is with the phone or the charger.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Three different chargers now Nathan! I fear my Nexus 7 might have died a horrible death.
Nancie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan,
Just to update you, I bought a new USB cable and have had the Nexus 7 plugged into the PC all day, still no joy.
Regards, Nancie
That means Nancie that the problem is with the device. There is some malfunction with either the port or the charging circuitry. Is it still under 1 year warranty? If yes then I would suggest to get it repaired by Asus. Else take it to a local repair shop and they will fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks Nathan, no, the device is out of warranty so I'll have to find a repair shop. Thank you for your help.
Nancie