IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have an Epson stylus 640 with my computer using Windows XP.

Customer Question

I have an Epson stylus 640 with my computer using Windows XP. It has worked for some years satisfactorily. Now when switched on the three lights on the left flash continuously as well as the start button light. Can you help please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described. The flashing you see usually indicates that the printer has gone into the "Service Request mode" and you would need to contact the Epson support for assistance; however, there are certain steps that should make the printer go out of the Service Request mode. Try the following: 1. Turn off the printer by disconnecting its power adapter as well as the printer cable2. Hold down both the ink and the paper buttons3. While still holding, reconnect the power adapter and then turn the printer back on. This step may be a bit tricky to do that by yourself, so you may need to call someone to help you out4. As soon as the paper light flashes, release both buttons then hold down the ink button for about 10 seconds, and release it5. The printer should then stop flashing and operate as before You may need to follow these steps several times since it may not work the first time. However, if that didn't help, then I am afraid you will need to contact the Epson support and/or take the printer for a repair. Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.