Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Computer Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

I am into train sims !! A new route from '"Just Trains will

I am into train sims !! A new route from '"Just Trains will not run smoothly? It's a big program,so invested in a new Graphics card to cope with new route?? Thinking that it would solve my problem!! But no it has in fact made things worse, I might add that all my routes
Priveous to buying the new card ran with no trouble, now all routes run badly, my frame rate is very low 30/40 & at times as low as 8 when things com to a stop!! My computer is a Packard Bell Windows 10 (upgraded ) i7 64 so it's quite fast the new Graphics Card is a AMD Radeon R7 370 4G. I'm really not into computer speak or understanding what is going on????
***** *****am
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you troubleshoot your software performance issues today!Can you tell me the train sim program that you are running? Usually the first issue is to make sure that you update to the latest version of the drivers directly from AMD rather than the video card manufacturer as optimizations in the drivers can drastically affect your software performance. I would first recommend going to: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download and downloading and installing the latest R7 370 drivers which will require you to restart your computer after installing, then give the train simulator a whirl and see if things improve any,Let me know if that helps! If it does, please rate our interaction to close your request -- otherwise just post back here and we'll continue to get this taken care of!Dan