Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

IS my DNS setting flushed and set on automatic?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Chris. To flush your DNS do this:Hold down the Windows logo key, just to the left of the spacebar,and press R.The Run box will open.In the text area type: cmd and click OK.At the blinking prompt in the black window type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.You'll get a message the the DNS Resolver Cache was successfully flushed.This isn't something that happens automatically.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask what the issue was that prompted your initial inquiry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was trying to watch Netflix and it came up with this error: Whoops, something went wrong...Streaming ErrorYou seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again. For more help, visit netflix.com/proxy.
Error Code: M7111-1331-5059
so I contacted the Netflix helpline and that what the suggested I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error Code: M7111-1331-5059
so I contacted the Netflix helpline and that what they suggested I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error Code: M7111-1331-5059
so I contacted the Netflix helpline and that what they suggested I do.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Are you watching Netflix on a PC using the Chrome browser?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yea
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
I just noticed you listed Chrome as your browser, sorry.With Chrome open, in the address bar at the top,delete anything there and type in: chrome://extensionsand press Enter.In the list of extensions, uncheck any boxes that say Enabled.Go back to Netflix and try again.Let me know the result please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coming up with the same error
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Does any of this apply to you? https://help.netflix.com/en/node/277
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes that the error
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
That I know but does any of content in the article apply to you?Do you have any VPN or Proxy software installed on the computer?Is there any program installed that supposedly lets you viewforeign content?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
none
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Who's your Internet provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BT
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Are you using BT Openzone or I think it's now called just BT Wi-fior do you have a BT Home Hub?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BT home hub
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
What version of Windows are you using on the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
window ten
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Right click on your start button and select Run.In the Run box type: msconfig and click OK.Click the Services tab at the top and put a checkmarkin the box labeled "Hide all Microsoft Services"click Disable All>>Apply>>OK>>Exit without Restart.Right click on your taskbar and open Task Manager.Click the Startup tabDisable everything there and restart your computer and try Netflix.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still coming up with the same error
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
What happens if you use Edge or Internet Explorer to watch Netflix?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
same error
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Well, I don't think it's your PC.I'd give BT a call and see what they have to say about this.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Are you logging in to Netflix using an account that was created in another country?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it was created in the uk
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Do you have another PC or laptop connected to the same router that gets Netflix with no problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes and my phone works with netflix as well
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
See if this makes a difference:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/netflix/9wzdncrfj3tj
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it coming up with the error: Sorry there a problem communicating with Netflix please try again
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
When was the last time you were able to watch Netflix on that PC without an error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just before I had my computer check in for repairs at the end of Feb begining of march
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
OK. So whatever was done to the computer is what broke it.Do you know what was done to it? Maybe it can be reversed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reinstall windows 10
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Right-click the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin)At the blinking prompt in the black window type the following commands, pressing Enter after eachnetsh winsock resetnetsh int ipv4 resetnetsh int ipv6 resetipconfig /releaseipconfig /flushdnsnetsh int ip reset netshlog.txtRestart the machine and check Netflix.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coming up with the same error
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Why don't we start at the beginning and you tell me the story about what happened to yourPC that preceeded this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USB ports stop working so I took my laptop into a laptop repair shop in Croydon to get it fixed. They could not fix the USB ports but the reinstall windows 10 at first Netflix would not load and now it won't stream
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. What is the brand and model of your laptop please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dell
XPS L501X
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Part of the problem is that Dell never developed drivers for the laptop for Windows 10http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-15/driversSo now, with Windows 10 having been reinstalled it wiped away all the Windows 7 drivers that wereworking when you upgraded it.The only way you'll be able to get the laptop even close to the way it should be working is to goback to Windows 7. You wouldn't happen to have the installation disk would you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't sorry
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what to tell you. It sounds like after you upgraded to Windows 10 the laptop never ranright.Maybe the guys in Croydon can get it sorted out.