Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Having difficulty finding Windows PC Client in LENOVO F800

Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Steve and welcomeCan you tell me please which program you are referring to?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have purchased F800 Multi Mode WiFi Storage unit (1Tb)Initial set up is not really self explanatory to me. It Just says in the text "Copy the PC client in Hard Drive in to PC"
Which is the file that needs copying across?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You connect it to the computerThen you connect your computer to the wireless network calledLenovoF800-xxxxSo when you do this you loose internet for a short whileThe password ***** connect is 11111111Then you open your web browser and you can navigate to http://192.168.100.1Then you can set it up this way its the easiest methodLet me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well thanks that got me through to the first screen with Guest/ADMIN with alternative Chinese scripts which confuse a little. I dare say as I only wanted Photo/Video storage, I may be able to cope once I've printed off and read, the Full Manual.
It appears F800 was developed for the Chinese market, not very easy on the eye....no wonder it was so heavily discounted :-)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is, and the English is pretty bad, I also have the full manual for you herehttp://www.lenovoshop.sk/fotky21785/fotov/_ps_1847Lenovo-F800-User-Manual.pdfBut everything can be administratored via the web pages I got you toIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you