Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Cannot import photos from camera, seems Windows 10 does not

cannot import photos from camera, seems Windows 10 does not recognize camera. No problem with importing into desktop with Vista.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhen you try to import the pictures, do you get a error of any kind? Or just nothing happens?And what is the make and model of the camera?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nikon Coolpix 2200. In the Dummies book I get as far as This Icon. It does not list a camera on the devices list. IF it were listed so that I could continue with the instructions I would then run into a problem. Section 3 tells me to right click my camera and then an Import Pictures and Videos window will appear. How does one right click a camera? Very mystified by this as with Windows 10 generally.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I do not have the book so cannot see what you are referring to, but thats ok.With the camera connected to the computer, press the windows key + EA new window opens.Click on This PCyou see then on the right a list of drives and devices.Tell me what you see listed there please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't want to talk as I am quite deaf. This Pc lists Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music, and Videos.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the offer was for taking over your computer and doing this for you and showing you.You need to click on This PC and then tell me the drives and devices in the window on the right please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood and This Pc is still listing Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No it lists drives such as C drive ectYour still looking in the wrong place.Look for devices and drives
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry! Windows8-os (C:), Lenovo (D:), DVD RW Drive (E:).
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you connect the camera to a different USB port and tell me if it then appears there please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No difference.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
refer to page 45 of the manual here and make sure you have put the camera into this mode pleasehttp://cdn-10.nikon-cdn.com/pdf/manuals/coolpix/CP413222_en.pdf