Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My windows live mail has suddenly stopped working properly.

Customer Question

Hi My windows live mail has suddenly stopped working properly. I receive emails but cannot send - it says 'unknown error'. I also cannot delete emails. Please help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Jill and welcomeCan you tell me please which version of windows you are using?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just updated to Windows 10.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCan you press the windows key + X and click on Control Panel.Then click on uninstall a program.Click on windows essentials, click change, then repair.Let this complete, restart the computer and tell me if you still have the issue. I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - I would like you do do this for me please so I will click accept this offer in a second. I just have one question - I remember a few years back when I uninstalled Windows Live Mail, when re-installed it took 3 days to download all my emails - is this likely to happen again?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We are some way from having to uninstall it, there are many things to first do, so we will need to see but I will warn you upfront.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID is###-##-####password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in case I lose you - my number is *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you run team viewer again please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just check how I am being charged - I had to put card details in again to get back to you?ID is 774 677 053
Pword 84m5kj
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you made a second question, there was a second cost, I marked it for a refund so you get that refunded, just reply here please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The restore said it has only restored from this morning. I still have the same errors.
Jill
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you run team viewer again please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
774 677 053
rr9k86
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks