Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have not used my ipad properly since I got it, a friends

Customer Question

I have not used my ipad properly since I got it, a friends grandson set it up for me and totally con fused me so I have forgotten everything. Can I go back to the "Hello" screen and start again ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.You may reset your i-pad to factory settings to start over again.On the home screen open the icon "Settings" scroll down to "General" and then select "Reset"Your ipad will be like the first day you got and you may set it up as per your choice of settings you want.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that but it now asks for my apple id password ***** an email address I no longer use, what do I do?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
you would need the apple id and password ***** reset the ipad no matter you use it or not however if you do not know the password ***** will have to reset the password ***** then try with the new password ***** it will reset the ipad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to reset my password ***** I am not connected to the internet. how do I do that?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Need to be on the internet to reset the apple id and password.Reset link is attached https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is my Wi- Fi name my Wi-Fi connection name and number because it won't work with them?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
your wifi name is ***** ***** routers SSID name
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I have chosen the Wi-Fi password? If so I have no idea what it is, I have tried all my usual ones.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
if you want i can remote connect and then i can look for the wifi name and the password ***** you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Are you chatting with me from a computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes a Laptop
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=738cae48-f2e8-46e6-b7ce-e800f6773b03
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Secure Remote AssistanceAfter you click it will open a page click on the green "I Agree" button.Download and run the Elsinore screen connect.Allow it to install and let it be opened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find this?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i have provided you the remote link to run when you accept it and run then i will be able to get connected to your pc and after that i can check and let you know your wifi router ssid and the password ***** you can use it on any wifi device to connect to the internet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But where do I accept ?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
scroll up and down the chat window you will see a remote offer additional service click on it to accept.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I need to include in the Private contact info?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
your phone number.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Click here
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is giving me the message 2can't reach this page"
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Click on the new link belowhttp://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=5920efec-b9d5-4ea3-854a-af142f39c991
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer himichelleclive: I am connectedmichelleclive: may i take the mouse control?michelleclive: use the remote chat boxGuest: oKmichelleclive: i have pulled the wifi router ssid and the passwordmichelleclive: have saved it on your desktop screenmichelleclive: is there anything else i may help you with.michelleclive: Please remember the password ***** ***** sensitive and it looks like its on uppercase.Guest: Thankyou I hope I will be able to get on now. What about a new apple id will I GET THE OPTIONTO SET A NEW ONE?michelleclive: once you reset yes you must get a new id to set one or you may use a new email address if you wish to create a new apple id.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Guest: Thanks, ***** ***** going back to bed now and I will do this in the morning.michelleclive: Good night and do let me know if you need any further assistance feel free to ask.michelleclive: I will end the remote session now.Guest: Thank you again and goodnight is it ready for me to close?michelleclive: Thank you for using our service.