Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

New acer zc700, win 10, added my own apps, etc, power cut,

new acer zc700, win 10, added my own apps, etc, power cut, had to reset pc but kept my apps, now in endless restart loop.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome GilbertCan you please explain to me exactly what happens win this loop on the Acer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
After a reset there was a power cut. When the power was restored it began to boot and I got the blue screen (not 'of death'!) giving the various options - restart, advanced options, etc. As I had only just got the computer and had hardly added any of my files, I opted for a clean reset. This went on for an hour or so until another blue screen saying it had to restart and did I want to save my files, etc. That was when the loop began. Eventually I switched it off at the mains. When I switched it back on it shows the Acer start screen with the 'del for bios, F12 for boot menu' and then there is a 'beep' and it starts again, about every 30 seconds. (BTW I'm using my other computer for this.) Gilbert
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove the power cable from the Acer and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.Then connect the power cable and power it on and tell me what then happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to check - which power button, the one on the side of the monitor?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After an initial long pause with the start up screen it 'beeped' and is now back into the loop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal power supply that has faulted. It will have been damaged with the power cut. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is only two days old so it is covered by warranty. I was just hoping I could avoid having to return it!
Thank you very much for your time.
Gilbert
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Gilbert but it will need to be returned.If you need anything else, please let me knowAnd please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen, then submit.Thank youRichard