Russell H.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience:  11 years experience
13568747

Acer 5732Z touchpad synaptic 7 2009 has stopped operating.The

Acer 5732Z touchpad synaptic 7 2009 has stopped operating.The driver info says its working ok but cannot resolve. Got a USB optical mouse and have regained control.
Is there anyway to determine if the touchpad is malfunctioning? Could it be that driver is corrupted? Is it possible to download a later version to reactivate touchpad control.
Wthout the USB mouse the touchpad pointer is frozen centre of screen.
cheers, Ted.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
If the problem is with the touchpad drivers, you can uninstall them and download the latest version of Synaptics drivers. Here are the instructions: 1. Click on the Windows Start button and then click on Control Panel. There click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and Features)2. It will open a list containing all installed programs on your computer. Locate "Synaptics touchpad" or anything with the word "Synaptics" or "touchpad", and right-click it and select Uninstall3. Follow the instructions to complete the uninstall. When done, restart your computer4. When the computer restarts, go to this link to download the latest Synaptics touchpad drivers:http://tinyurl.com/gthlquz 5. Extract the contents of the downloaded zip drive named "TouchPad_Synaptics_13.2.2.0_W7x86W7x64_A" and then run setup. Follow the instructions to install the Synaptics touchpad drivers 6. Your touchpad should then work fine. If not, you may need to enable it. To do that, press the Windows Start button and then type mouse in the search box and press Enter. The Mouse Properties window will open. There click on the last tab - it should say Synaptics Touchpad or Device Settings or something similar. There click on Enable Let me know the results. Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** had a thought that I wished to add to your question. You did not ask about this possible cause of the touchpad not working, but have you tried holding down the Fn key and pressing F7 once ? on laptops at any rate, that can enable/disable the touchpad. It might be that you pressed this key combination by accident and caused the disabling of the touchpad. It may be trivial compared to ITMiro's excellently composed answer, but it is to be tried once, perhaps.
Russell H., Computer System Tech
Experience: 11 years experience