Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

My t440 Lenovo laptop will not start. The Fn light is green,

Customer Question

My t440
Lenovo laptop will not start. The Fn light is green, and the speaker and mic button lights are orange. When i plug in ac power start button flashes 3 times then nothing. Also tried without battery.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi David, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. When was the last time that your laptop worked?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday. I did have my iphone plugged in to usb which may have discharged the battery
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Please try the following:Remove the laptop batteryDO NOT plug the power adapter to the laptopWithout the battery and without the power adapter, press and hold the power button for approximaltely 90 secondsAfter 90 seconds, release the power buttonAfter that, plug in the power adapter to the power source firstThen plug the other end to the laptop. DO NOT install the battery yetWith only the power adapter connected to the laptop (without the battery), try to turn on the laptopKeep me posted with your results so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi i tried, no luck
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi David,Thank you for writing back. I believe this is already a hardware failure, the motherboard is faulty. Please check this further:Do not insert the battery yetPlug in the power adapter to the power source firstPlug the other end to the laptopTurn ON the computerAre the leds or lights for the Fn and other buttons constantly lit?