Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a kindle fire and have been using data shared

Customer Question

I have a kindle fire and for months have been using data shared from my phone to use internet etc, however it has stopped working all of a sudden, I have enough data and the O2 guru looked at phone(all ok) but he is stumped as to why this has happened, please help, *********** ***@******.***. fire details here if needed. Ta.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try these steps please>On your Kindle>Select Wi-Fi from the menu.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindledetects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next toWireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget.Then on your phone power off and then back on. Then start the hotspot on the phone again if needed.Then on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>Then try connecting to Wi-FiSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle Fire will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This did not work, there is an exclamation mark next to the wi fi sign, I did say I was sharing via a phone and feel out of pocket to say the least!
Yes, the phone hotspot/WiFi should have a network name that showe in the list of available networks on the Kindle.