Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Regardless of Ho many times I try my kindle refuses to connect

Customer Question

Regardless of Ho many times I try my kindle refuses to connect to my home hub despite my entering my password ***** is on the back of the hub and also on theWireless settings card that goes with it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome TrevorWhat is the error you get when it fails to connect to the hub?Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A table that tells me my password *****'d not recognised
Unable to connect to Wi-Fi network
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youOn the back of the Hub is a reset button. Using a paperclip, push in and hold the reset button for 10 seconds, then release.Wait 5 minutes, then on the Kindle hold the power button for 60 seconds, then release.Then power on the Kindle and tell me if it now connects to the wifi network please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says that my password ***** ***** or invalid.To check that it wasn't human error, hence me,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its the only explanation left.Is your windows computer already connected to the wifi network? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard