Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Battery not charging

Customer Question

battery not charging
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Let me know the make and model of the device which is not charging the battery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I do not know name of device just standard kindle
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
kindle fire or paperwhite?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
paperwhite
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Is the blue light on when the charger is connected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
green light
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
unplug the chargerPush and hold down the power button on the kindle for 45 seconds.Wait for 3 mins after releasing the power button.Power it on and wait till it boots up.Now once you are on the kindle desktop screen connect the ac adapter and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happening charge battery remains on screen
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hold old is the Kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5 years approx
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
One last thing i need to know, when you connect the charger do you get a charging light on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
green light comes on
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Green light means the charger is good and its charging the battery however the battery has been out of life which need a replacement and then you can reuse the kindle.Battery life of a kindle/Tablet or smart phones they lasts up to 3 years max and you need to get it replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how or where do I get batteries replaced
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
you can vist any cell phone repair shop they will have the spare battery and it can be replaced in no time.This is not a user replaceable battery so you would need to carry the Kindle to the repair shop to get it replaced.The battery is hard soldered which need to be de soldered to replace it with a new one.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I have any further questions regarding batteries what are the additional costs
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
sure let me check and let you know the price.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Click here for 1st gen battery
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Click here for 2nd gen battery
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have any question.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything else i may assist you with?