Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have just purchased a Samsung galaxy s5 neo and is set up

I have just purchased a Samsung galaxy s5 neo and is set up with bt ok however I cant remember the pass word to get into phone
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the Wi-Fi / wireless password? Or is it the phone's login password?Do you mean you cannot open Settings or open any app on the phone?Is it okay to reset the phone fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Please try the following fix:Press and hold the Power button on the phone, then select the Power Off option and confirm to turn off the phone.Press and keep holding at the same time the 3 buttons: Volume Up, Home, and Power button until the Samsung logo / android recovery menu appear.Use the Volume Up / Down buttons to highlight the option wipe data/factory reset, then press the Power button.Use the Volume Up / Down buttons to highlight the option Yes..., then press the Power button.Wait until the reset process is finished.Once done, press the Power button to select the option reboot...Then phone will let you set up again. When prompted, make sure to set up a new password ***** will remember.- Do you see a menu when trying the above steps?When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I only have a screen showing download
Can you press the Volume Up button to download / continue? (If needed, press the Volume Down button and/or Power button also)?Does it show the download progress / status percentage?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
back to the start again
Do you mean it does not let you reset? Let's try:- If that does not work, press and hold the power on / off button on the phone for about15 seconds (if needed, remove back cover, then remove battery for about 10 seconds, then reinstall), then the phone should be powered off, then click on the website below and watch the video instructions there:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqm0urB6XaUPlease let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I am back at the start now setting it up
Great. It's reset. Now you can follow the on-screen to set up the phone again. Be careful with password ***** time. Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Great. It's reset. Now you can follow the on-screen instructions in order to set up the phone again. Be careful with password ***** time. Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
You're welcome.