Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have an Acer Aspire. It wont start up- it sticks on the screen

Customer Question

I have an Acer Aspire. It wont start up- it sticks on the screen "acer. Explore Beyond limits", have you any ideas please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Is there any external device, keyboard, usb, mouse or anything else connected to it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Okay. Please power it off by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Remove the battery, unplug the charger.Hold the Power button again for 10 seconds.Release it, put the battery back in, and turn it on.Then test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i remove the battery please?
What is the model # ***** your acer aspire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V5
Please see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF8ac9FcF2wPlease skip video to 0:46 seconds to see how to remove it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Video seems to show different model. Have checked instruction book. It shows model of base and shows battery reset pinhole which simulates removing and reinstalling the battery, it says. Shall i use that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done as you suggested using the battery reset pinhole. Still Wont Open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Can you look at the bottom of the laptop and tell me the exact model # ***** product code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number ms2377
I found the following instructions:There’s an unusual latch holding the battery in place. In order to remove the battery, you need to flip over the laptop and stick a pen, paperclip, or other item into a small hole and slide the latch while pulling the battery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant see any small hole other than the battery reset pinhole, which ive tried. Where exactly is it? And where is the latch you mention?
I just checked with the model # ***** seems like this one doesn't have a user removable battery. Can you press and hold the power button for 60 seconds, and then turn it back on to test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that , no difference I'm afraid
I will have to opt out for other experts as i'v run out ideas.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sue, and thank you for choosing jUSTANSWER.com.I believe that your computer is suffering from a potential hardware failure..Are you able to get into the BIOS, before the screen sticks on the ACER EXPLORE BEYOND LIMITS?.Normally, as soon as you power on the laptop, you need to start hitting the DEL key (delete) repeatedly.This should take you to the BIOS.Once you are in the BIOS, you might be able to run some diagnostics on the hardware.
Sorry, it is not the DEL key you need to press repeatedly....it is actually the [email protected] key.i pulled the below from the manual..To activate the BIOS utility, press <F2> during the POST while the computer logo is being displayed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll try that and get back to you. Am out at the moment.
Any updates?