technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I am unable to get onto Microsoft Excell or Microsoft Word

I am unable to get onto Microsoft Excell or Microsoft Word because I keep getting a message that I keep losing my internet connection But my internet is ok
Category: Computer
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. Excel and Word are usually applications installed on your PC, and you usually do not even need an internet connection to use them. Could you tell me the specific message (exact words you see) regarding the internet connection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would have to go into my documents and try to open one of my files to do that. But they are telling me that they can't open the file because they have lost the internet connection. Please try again later. This has been going on all day
Can you browse the web, and get on the internet on this same computer right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do that. I have very secret information on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do voluntary work for a charity
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Can you please tell me what is happening?
If the computer is not connected to the internet, than I can't make a remote connection. As previously stated, you'll need to tell me the exact message you are getting regarding the internet. You could also take a screen capture of it, if you know how to do that. If not, I can tell you, but it is a few steps. Just telling me the message may be enough for me to continue to help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft word starter cannot be opened. Check your internet connections and try again later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The same words apply to excel docs
Are you sure that's the exact message? Please check again that it doesn't give a version such as: Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened. I need to know the exact message, word for word.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to close this conversation. I cannot see where this is getting me.
OK, sorry but any technician will need details on your problem in order to help. Since you say the computer is not connected to the internet, that leaves us only with the option of you sending a screen capture or telling me the exact error messages, so that I can help you solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exact Words. (Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened Check your internet connections and try again>
Thank you.Please carefully follow the steps outlined at the link I've given below.NOTE: You will need to connect the computer to the Internet to complete these steps. After you connect your computer to the Internet, and can verify it works by opening internet explorer and doing a search, you may want to try simply opening word or excel again, before you carry out there steps, as that may fix the problem. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2465140
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am sorry to have to contact you again but I am still not able to open my documents. I was not able to understand the instructions that you sent me, I am 86yrs old and am not able to do complicated do complicated things. It seems that I am required to switch to Microsoft office which I don't want to do. All I want is my computer putting back as it was before.
I have the exact message that you asked me for. On the top of the message it says Click-to-run Applications Manager but I don't understand what it is telling me to do. The Main message is (Microsoft Excel Starter 2010 cannot be opened. Check your internet connection and then try again later.) The same message also Appears for Microsoft Word Starter 2010. In addition to these messages I get a black one coming up saying again in these exact words (Internet connection was lost. Check your internet connection to resume downloading Microsoft Office. I have already paid £26 and have not had any help for it. Please help
Roland Hulme