Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I loaded a Google map earlier and it came with an unwanted

Customer Question

I loaded a Google map earlier and it came with an unwanted new home homepage called 'Directions Ace' by 'MyWay' a US company based in Yonkers. Can you advise on how I can delete it please? I have tried a system restore to 19 April to no effect and I am unable to identify it on files in the control panel to delete it myself. I have had Bing as a homepage when I lost my BT Homepage about two months ago.
RogerB
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you go to Start, control Panel, uninstall a programDo you see a program listed with the word Mind in it your not aware of installing? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, Thanks I was on here years ago with car mechanics questions, so not new. Checked Control Panel Uninstall programs, nothing with Mind appears to be there. I did check uninstall before I contacted you guys.
Roger
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, ID: 148 028 928
Password: 1310
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked uninstall on control panel again and found the unwanted site under 'Directions' and cancelled it. I lost my BT site a couple of months ago on a reorganisation and was given a Bing site. msn has now come up! Ideally I would like a bt or Yahoo homepage if you can do that please.
Roger
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now Roger