Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a samsung 5 phone which has a contacts icon on the home

I have a samsung 5 phone which has a contacts icon on the home screen with a few entries I have made by hand. I would like to add more entries from my Outlook contacts which is my main contacts database. How do I transfer them from Outlook.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Here's how to export contacts in Outlook 2010 (adjust accordingly for the version you are using):Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.Follow these steps please>On your PC, go to the contacts piece of Outlook, and then click File | Options | Advanced. Click on the Export button, select Export to a file, choose Google.In the next window, select Comma Separated Values (Windows), and click Next. Select the Contacts entry from the "Select folder to export from" list.Then name and find a location to save the exported file to, and click Finish.Step 2: Import the contacts into GmailLog into your Gmail account on the PC where you exported your contacts. In the Gmail window, click the drop-down that appears when you hover over "Mail" (under the Gmail logo in the left corner), and select Contacts. Once you're in the Contacts window, "hover" the mouse over the contacts pane (left side) to reveal the entire tree and the Import Contacts button. Sometimes the "hover" effect doesn't work so well in Gmail, but this is the only way to get to the Import Contacts button.After you click Import Contacts, a new window will appear. Select the Choose File button, locate the file exported from Outlook, and then click the Import button. Step 3: Sync your phoneNext> run the sync on your mobile device. Each phone will handle this differently, but more than likely, all you need do is wait a moment and the device should auto-sync the new contacts. If not, you can follow these steps. Open up ContactsClick the menu buttonTap AccountsTap your Google accountClick the menu buttonTap Sync Now That should do it. Your Outlook contacts should now be on your Samsung phone, if you make changes to your contacts in Outlook, those changes will not be reflected on your Samsung. To see those changes, you'll have to resync.Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!