Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Desktop acer Xt1http://www.justanswer.co.uk/sip/computer?ofid=12299930

Customer Question

desktop acer Xt1http://www.justanswer.co.uk/sip/computer?ofid=12299930 i7 will not boot. On power up 2 choices appear: launch startup repair - results in a grey/blue screen with streaks on it which depite waiting an hour does not change. The second choice start windows normally ends up as a blue screen with the windows logo but again stays that way.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome Can you remove the power cable to the computer and then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.Then connect the power cable, turn on the computer and tell me if it now starts correctly please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
screen says start up repair or windows normally - went to start up repair automaticilly - now loading windows completed and changed to blank screen. Previous occasions doing this it would stay blank for a long time and then return to the original screen with the 2 options. In other words going round a contnuous loop.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksPower it off, then power it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.Tell me if you can get to a menu please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Menu safe mode choices etc.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, choose advance boot option, then last known good configurationDoes it then load?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
starting windows - but so far slow to boot will have to wait and see - just staying at windows logo and starting windows screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, give it 5 minutes, if it still fails, power off, get back to the menu and choose Safe Mode and tell me please if it loads with this please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gone back to 2 choices -start up repair or Then a quick loading bar and now a blank screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
power off, get back to the menu and choose Safe Mode and tell me please if it loads with this please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Loading windows files -file list stopped- now a please wait instruction
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, give it 5 minutes and tell me if it then processes please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
List gone now back original 2 choice screen followed by a blank screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, power off the computerThen hold ALT and with it held, power on the Acer and keep tapping F10 until you get to a recovery managerTell me please if you can get to this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got recovery manager - loading saying please wait a moment
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, tell me if it loads please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rotating loading circle stopped but 'please wait a moment 'still displayed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its not going to run else it would have loaded by now. No software issue can cause this.It is the internal sata port on the motherboard or the hard drive that has faulted. We have now confirmed this and rule out the other causes. From what you explain as the symptoms throughout this, it does point to the hard drive I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Acer to have a diagnostics run and the faulting component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you