Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have a kindle fire8.9 and since yesterday i have had a problem

i have a kindle fire8.9 and since yesterday i have had a problem that i cant seem to work out what has happened. All my books seem to have dissapered and all my front screen is showing is a question mark and what looks like a tennis ball. I cant seem to clear this and get back to the book i was reading.Can you help please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold the Power on / off button for about 30 seconds; make sure to keep holding it hard for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still the same issue question mark and tennis ball
Sorry, does it let you go to menu / settings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Swipe down from the top, does it do anything?
Can you charge the kindle and check? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all it shows at the top of the devise is shop games apps books music videos newsstand if i go into books and tap recent i come up with nothing although i know i have about twenty books waiting to be read
Please use your finger, starting from the top, swipe down the screen, then what happens? Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have just had a message come up that says my kindle is not registered how can that happen when i have had it for so long
It looks like the software is corrupted. Please try the following fix:Swipe down from the top of the screen.Select the option More, if shown.Select option My Account.Select option Register.Enter your email address, and enter your Amazon account password, and continue.Then check your books. That should work. Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have done this and it says it is registered to me and the next two lines tell me to manage my network accounts and e-mail.contacts calanders wich one should i click on or not
No, now, just go to Books and see if you can read a book now. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has come up with a list of books that i might like but not the books that i have already downloaded the next message says add to favorites remove from carousel and remove from device
If there is a cloud option, if it's there to download your books again. If that does not work, sign in your Amazon account at the Amazon website below:http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle, then there, select each book you want, then click on the Action option / button in front of each book you want, then select the option Deliver, then select your kindle device, then select the Deliver option.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the word cloud is highlighted but it wont do anything when i touch it
Press and hold the power on / off button again for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lots of books have come back up but show that they need to be down loaded again do i have to do this and how can i get back to the book that i was reading as i cant remember which one it was
Sorry, yes, books have to be downloaded again, but you can just download any book you plan to read at any time. If you want to check the latest books you've purchased, you can check at the website below:http://www.amazon.com/manageyourkindle- Can you test downloading a book you want now to see if you can read it?Please let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive just clicked on one and i can read it thanks for your help your a life saver
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience,