Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I really need some help with a Search Bar I'm embedding

Customer Question

Hi - I really need some help with a Search Bar I'm embedding into my website please. I've got it on there and it looks fine, but when a subject is typed in it doesn't actually do anything. I think I'm missing something obvious!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Is your website up and live already? If yes, can you please tell me the URL of your site so that I can check the problem?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess - apologies for the delay in responding.the website is www.morethanmodels.com I'm trying to get a search bar on here. Thanks, Darrell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess - are you still looking at this?Thanks,Darrell
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Darrell,Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please tell me where you get this search box? Did you program it yourself? Or is it a search utility that you copied and pasted on your site?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I copied and pasted it. I tried to send you a screen shot of the box I pasted it into but was unable to.Would it help if I sent you the code?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Darrell,Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch?Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that would be fine Jess. Can you just let me know what the flat fee is please.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Darrell,Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. These steps are intended for users with Windows computers. If you are using a Mac, please reply to me and let me know so that I can send you the procedures for Mac.1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e3740bd6-940a-4ad3-9a84-8e40535fe6512. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Darrell,I am here. Please do not post a duplicate question. We can continue here.Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please open your JoinMe tool again and then give me the new 9-digit code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
636-600-876
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Connected now.