Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

I use Outlook 2010 (Windows 8.1) to manage various email addresses

I use Outlook 2010 (Windows 8.1) to manage various email addresses that all come into my gmail account, which is mirrored in Outlook. Outlook is connected to the gmail account via IMAP. After a SCNDSK, I was no longer able to send from outlook with some of the email addresses, and after a recent update, Outlook is no longer updating the mirrored folder, saying only 'failed to update headers.' I need to be able to send and receive with Outlook again!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.When did the problem start?Would you like me to connect with you and fix the problem remotely, that way we can avoid causing any additional problems?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be smashing - but you don't seem to be the same person that just popped up when I was given a quote for an answer...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
When you get to the site, a box with an expert from our team comes up, it doesn't guarantee which expert you'll end up talking to as we're constantly helping new customers and are not always available.I can help you with your problem, would you like to get started?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah, ok, sorry - I get a bit over-cautious about things, have been burnt before! Yes, let's go for it :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Please accept the remote support offer, then From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=e8f210c3-4c17-4c13-85a3-b08b374ab49eThen click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I didn't realise that more than doubled the fee I was paying - don't have that to spare, so let's just stick with you giving me an answer, sorry.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
It shouldn't be double, let me double check that for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already paid £26 for an answer, and the remote connect was an additional £28. I have the £26, but not more.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=e8f210c3-4c17-4c13-85a3-b08b374ab49eThen click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks, I've run the program
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Connected!