Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have forgotten the password ***** my new Asus Computer, it is

I have forgotten the password ***** my new Asus Computer, it is not allowing me to login
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the version of windows you are using?Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is written only Windows but the version I can't see it.I have already paid £28=, why ask me for more payment?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I have not asked for any more payments Joyce, you may be referring to the website which offers optional services, which are that, optional.I do though need to know please the version of windows. Is it windows 7, 8, 10?Maybe you can take a photo pf the login screen and add it here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You told me that to get me the answer it will cost £28= which you have already taken!!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I have said nothing, only asking which version of windows you have, you see this here in my messages.Please direct all payment questions to customer services and they can explain it to you.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me what I should do if I have forgotten the password?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Joyce, I cannot answer this until you at least tell me the version of windows you have? This is why I keep asking for this information...I will repeat.Is it windows 7, 8, 10?Maybe you can take a photo pf the login screen and add it here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have explained to you that when I switched on the computer, its asking for the password, and it is not allowing me get anywhere from that first page. I think it is Window 8
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8, thank youand what is the username you use to sign in? It will be an email address
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
But I had put a name Dr. Tamale,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and that is the password ***** wants me to type there.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
do you have the cell phone ending in 40 with you, if so what are the last 4 digits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0440
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you were just sent a code to it, can you tell me here this code please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanksCan you please power off the computer, so click the power icon and choose shut downThen start it up and use the password ***** it allow you in with this password? Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is saying the password ***** ***** Try again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then its not the username you are using if you typed the password ***** as I specified.In this event, you will have to reset the computer, there is no other way to remove the password.This will remove all your data and return the computer to new, but this cannot be avoided and is the whole reason for the securityTo do this, hold the left SHIFT key and with it held down, click on power, then restart.Let the computer restart, still with shift held down, until you are at a menu.Choose Troubleshoot, then reset this PC.Let this complete and when it has, windows is reinstalled and you can then set up the computer again with a new user account and password.Let me know please how you go..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is saying that my PC has more than one drive. Do you want to remove all files from all drives?
1. Only the drive where Windows is installed.
2. All drives.
Which one should I click on?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Only the drive where Windows is installed please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now saying Resetting this PC 1%.
It is not moving from 1%, can I just have to wait until it goes to 100%?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, once it at 100% it has reset and it will lead you on setting up the computer again, like a brand new computer, so you set a user account and password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I click the Stars the page will close, can I wait until everything is done? If that is ok with you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
that is no problem Joyce
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it going to take the whole day? It came to 5% long time ago, but doesn't increase at all. Can I continue to wait?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will complete, it just take some time to complete, but you need to let it finish
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me. It has taken a long time, but it's worth. Thank you so much for your time and to be patient with me. I am now trying to log on as they are still showing new updates. But I know now I be ok. God Bless you Mightily and with all your team. Thank you again. Joyce
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Joyce, it was a pleasure working with you.God Bless,Richars