Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My HP Photosmart 5515 Inkjet printer will print normally on

My HP Photosmart 5515 Inkjet printer will print normally on A4 photo paper but now invariably jams with 7x5 or 6x4 photo paper. This was not the case in the past. Is there anything I can do to correct this?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Stephen,Approximately how old is the printer?Does it work if you feed in one sheet at a time?Can you see exactly where the jam is occurring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's between three and four years old. I only ever feed single sheets when I use photo paper. It's hard to see exactly where, but it runs for a certain while then stops, with a message saying "this or that cartridge must be replaced" (though obviously that isn't the actual problem and can be bypassed by switching off then back on). Meanwhile I can clear the jam by removing the feed tray, tipping the machine backwards and pulling the stopped page out towards me. Hope this helps. S
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if you received this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still waiting for a response after answering your questions. So far no positive help has been received.
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would suggest initially to go to this web page :-http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-5510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---B1/5053904/model/5063607/more-optionsMaybe see if the machine is still in warranty, but at 3-4 years old this seems unlikely - You may be able to use some diagnosis tools on there or possibly Speak to an HP support agent (Best idea). My first thought is that it sounds that the rubber rollers that pull the paper through the machine are wearing / cracking / drying out - This sounds likely as it use to work ok, nothing seems to have changed (Changed paper type?) and with age it seems to want to do less.I think the rollers can be cleaned and this may also help performance. Is the printer jamming on plain paper of A4 / 7x5 / 6x4 photo paper? Cheers ***** ***** luck ;-)
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
This video may of use to you ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScWzgjuzL8QThis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll try cleaning and will also check those links. It's only the smaller photo paper that won't go through. A4 is fine and ordinary paper also (though I haven't tried a postcard size of that). Warranty ended after 3 years.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, thanks. Probably if I can't make it work with cleaning and maybe a check on those other links, it means the machine is wearing out. It still does the basic things OK. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome :)Pete.
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.