Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

How can I get a Galaxy tablet (SM-T280) to recognize an SD

Customer Question

How can I get a Galaxy tablet (SM-T280) to recognize an SD Memory card? I have installed it and rebootede. I can see it, but get an error message saying I don't have enouigh space to install new apps.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.Click on the settings icon and go to storage and select sd card to install default apps or storage.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Please remember when we dealing with your issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the answer provided does not help or work dont be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help. Rate only when the problem is fixed or you are 100% Satisfied with the answer provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing.I click on SD cardand nothing happens. It says SD card has 59.45 Gb of space available but Total space only 8 Gb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please email me any further tips. I've got to log out now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot log out without rating you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will leave this dialog open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am back. Any advance?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Perform a soft reset.A soft reset restarts your device and does not erase any of your content or data.Note: While the device is powered off, remove the memory card and carefully inspect for any damage such as cracks or corrosion on the contacts.Press and hold both the Power and Volume up keys until the device turns off.Mount the memory card.Your device may not acknowledge the memory card until it is told the memory card is inserted.Note: If Unmount SD card is displayed, the memory card is mounted. Tap Unmount SD card, then tap Mount SD card to reconnect to the memory card.From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.Tap Settings.From the GENERAL tab, scroll to and tap Storage.Scroll to and tap Mount SD card.Test the memory card in a different device.Removing the memory card from the Samsung Galaxy Tab® S 10.5 and placing it in a different device can help determine if the memory card or the device.If the memory card does not work in the other device, the memory card may be at fault and may need to be replaced.Test a different memory card in your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.Placing a different memory card in your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 can help determine if the memory card or the device is having the issue.If the new memory card works in your device, the memory card may be at fault and may need to be replaced.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Format the SD card on a computer on (FAT32).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Michelle, please tell me how to do a soft reset on my tablet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I do as you suggest I get a warning that all my data will be erased.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Soft reset is to push and hold down the power button for 30 seconds the unit will shut down wait for 3 mins and power it back on thats called soft reset.