Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have just downloaded updates Samsung mini 5, but it now

Customer Question

I have just downloaded updates for my Samsung mini 5, but it now says it is optimising app 8 of 201 and just keeps going round in circles, It has now been going 2 hours I have tried taking out the battery and simm card ect but when I put them back in it just resumes the cycle. Tony **** *************
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like a glitch in the firmware, lets try a reboot after wipe cache first>

• 1.remove and then reinsert the battery.

• 2.Using your thumb or finger, lift up the back cover using the small notch at the top-left of the phone.

• 3.Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.

• 4.Line up the battery cover hinge with the designated holes inside the phone, then push the cover down until it clicks into place.

• 5.Press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.

• 6.Scroll to wipe cache by pressing the Volume down button.

• 7.Press the Power button.

• 8.Scroll to Yes -- by pressing theVolume down button.

• 9.Press the Power button.

• 10.The phone will now wipe cache.

• 11.Press the Power button.

• 12.The phone will now reboot .

• Then check to see if the issue is resolved. If that fails you will have to do a hard reset.

• 6.Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume down button.

• 7.Press the Power button.

• 8.Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing theVolume down button.

• 9.Press the Power button.

• 10.The phone will now wipe all contents.

• 11.Press the Power button.

• 12.The phone will now reboot to the initial setup screen.

• Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken out the battery and reinserted it but cannot see any knotch at the back of the phone the back cover is already off

okay, the notch is the one you use to take the back off, if you already have that done you can skip that step.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing comes up when I press the 3 buttons it is still locked into the programe what ever it is .

Follow these steps with the phone powered off.

Press and hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons until the Samsung logo appears on the screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The phone will not power off.

Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then reinsert the battery.

then with the phone powered off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that it still comes back with the same thing that has been happening since Samsung upgrade.

okay, are you holding those three buttons down at the same time while the phone is powered off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The phone will not power off, I take the battery out wait 60 seconds replace the battery and the phone will not power off, it just keeps returning to the same programe.

do you have it connected to a usb?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

okay, try this please.

remove the battery, then hold the power button down for 60 seconds, then reinsert the battery.

did that work for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

Okay, this sounds like the firmware got corrupted during the update process. What is the approximate purchase date of the Samsung?