Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I'm trying to scan a document on my printer but I'm getting

Hi.I'm trying to scan a document on my printer but I'm getting a message telling me to enable 'scan to computer'.I don't know how to do this so could you help please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Sorry to hear your having so much trouble...im very confident i can fix this issue for you..But first....i need some information....What type of Scanner are you using? Model and make please (i know you mentioned HP....so whats the model number?).Secondly....HOW are you TRYIGN to scan an image? What program are you using? (have you tried using MSPAINT)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HP ENVY 4504
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm placing a document,face down in the scanner and then pressing the scan starter button.Don't know what program it's using I'm afraid and never heard of MSPAINT.
I want you to go to the link below.It is from the HP website that searches your machine for the proper drivers, and installs them, or updates them accordingly.Once the web page opens you will need to look for the CHECK NOW button (in red) and click on it, and follow the instructions..Please let me know when it is finished, or if you are confused or need help. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-4500-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304875/model/5368526/drivers
Okay...so hitting the SCAN button on the scanner itself......starts a different set of functions..So....lets do a remote session, so i can show you HOW to use your printer/scanner..Are you ready?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Click on the link below, and follow the instructions (clicking on the I AGREE button in green) and continuing to download and install, the RUN the Elsinore Screen connect..http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=24ab1c7e-bb13-4d1c-8786-526b3ae7e0e0 The session is open and WAITING for you to connect.So if you do everythign correctly (which isnt much) you shoudl auto connectl.
Remote session completeSoftware for HP printer installed, due to SCAN button not working.Fixed.Session closed.