John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I am getting a message that Outlook 2016 cannot be found.

I am getting a message that Outlook 2016 cannot be found. I have a new pc with Microsoft 365 installed a week ago. The full error message is:
The file C:\users\greg\Documents\Outlookfiles\*****@******.*** cannot be found. I suspect something has been corrupted. Can you help please.
Greg Tebble
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Did you open C:\users\greg\Documents\Outlookfiles and see if there is a pst file called***@******.*** in it?Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7,windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have windows 10 and have not opened the file
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank for the details.Did you check whether there is pst file called***@******.*** in C:\users\greg\Documents\Outlookfiles?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. How do I do that?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
press windows key +e key that will open file explorer now in the right side you can see documents in that look for***@******.*** me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is an Outlook file at that location but it is empty.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
That means the original file got deleted or was never there before.In the question you mentioned that this PC is a new one so are you trying to use your email first time on Outlook email application?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have used it a few times.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Then its strange.Did this PC came with windows 10 installed in it or did you upgrade it to windows 10 recently ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It came with Windows 10 installed
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Are you currently chatting to me from this windows 10 PC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
In that case may I remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=66542502-bf82-4e96-8a2f-0672ee0b82a7# that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.