IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My VAIO laptop computer VGN-FZ38M keeps showing the 'blue screen

Customer Question

My VAIO laptop computer VGN-FZ38M keeps showing the 'blue screen of death' and cutting out. I know it's old but it has been extremely relaible so far. Where can I get it repaired. I live in Kent, near Ashford
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Let's see if we can find the cause of those blue screens, and solve the problem. Please tell me which Windows version is installed on your VAIO laptop, and I will tell you what to do next.I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows vista. I have restored the computer to factory settings and did not solve the problem
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information! Blue screen can be caused by both software or hardware. If restoring the computer to factory settings didn't make any changes, then it means the problem is most likely with the hardware, such as: motherboard, memory, hard drive, etc Do you remember when the problem first started to happen? Also, is there any new hardware that you have recently started to use with the computer, such as new mouse, external keyboard, hard drive, printer, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the problem started, we restored to the factory settings, but the problem still continues. We have been using the same printer for the past three years without problems. Good luck Miro!!!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Every blue screen creates a report which can then be viewed with a program called BlueScreenView. It is free and can be downloaded on this link: http://tinyurl.com/naurc5Please start it by clicking on the "BlueScreenView.exe" icon. When the program window opens, look for a highlighted line or lines. Let me know the Filenames you see there. Or, you can create a screenshot of the window you see and attach it here so that I can take a look at it. Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro