Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

My lap top has opened up this morning with the screen format

Customer Question

Hi, My lap top has opened up this morning with the screen format 90 degrees out like a lap top how do I get it back to it being upright in landscape above the keyboard ie as a laptop screen should be.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:Solution #1:- Press at the same time the 3 keys: Ctrl, Alt, and Up Arrow on the keyboard.; that should rotate the laptop's screen back to normal.Solution #2:- Right-click on an empty space on the Desktop screen, then select any of the options below, if available:1. Graphics options, then adjust the Rotation option.2. NVDIA..., then adjust the Rotate display option.3. ATI or Catalyst Control center, then adjust the Rotate desktop option.Solution #3:- If your laptop has Windows 10: Click on the Start button (which is the Windows logo icon at the bottom of the computer's screen), then click on Settings. Then click on System. Then click on Display. Then there, click on the dropdown list below the section Orientation, then click on option Landscape. Then click on Apply and confirm if prompted.Solution #4:- If your laptop has other Windows version: Open Control Panel (if needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK.) Then open Appearance and Personalization / Display if available. Then click on option Adjust resolution on the left. Then there, click on the dropdown list next to the section Orientation, then click on option Landscape. Then click on Apply / OK at the bottom and confirm.- If there is still any issue, please let me know the model of your laptop, and if it has windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.