Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

Not enough disk space to windows 10. It asks for

not enough disk space for upgrades to windows 10. It asks for another drive (I have 1tb Samsung external), but when I select this from the drop down menu and refresh, still no uploads.
Plus, can I move the Windows file to the Samsung drive as it is more than 20mb!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.How much free space does your hard drive have? (Note, you cannot upgrade to the external so I'm referring to your main drive)Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
559 Mb!
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Ahh, that's quite low - maybe we can do something to rectify that so you are able to upgrade.I think the more logical way to go about this will be a remote session, so I can have a good look at what you've got there.The remote session is $39 and fully refundable but it guarantees the job done properly as we're dealing with your personal files.Would you like to give it a go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The PC only had 32Mb to begin with, and having installed Windows 10, it ended up with almost nothing!
I have kept C drive as clear as possible by using the Samsung drive.
Problem also that if I want to download say Garmin applications, I don't get the opportunity to send to Samsung, they always go to C drive!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already agreed to £19 extra as requested. I am not prepared to keep adding more money
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
The remote session is $39 in USD, not sure how much that is in pounds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said, I received some message (I believed it was from you) asking for £19, which I agreed to and now you ask for another £28. On top of the £13 already paid, this will make £60! ($85). This is not an amount I can accept.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
For the job that is required to achieve your goals it is quite cheap actually - it should be closer to $60Just to clarify, you sent a request for a remote session but I cancelled it and proposed the one for $39 - neither amount was deducted as it is yet to be accepted.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
It is not 19+28 but the 28 alone (going by your calculations of pounds to dollars)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So have I paid the £19 or not???
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I don't have access to your billing info, all I can see is whether the remote session has been accepted or not and it hasn't so the simple answer to your last question is no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Let's go ahead...
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=a067276c-8309-4a50-8f53-e15f5d6f6b19Then click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
There you go, Ian!If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you could take a moment to leave a review with the button up the top right, it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin