Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

My PC has just come back from the local PC Shop as it was

Customer Question

My PC has just come back from the local PC Shop as it was running on Vista and was very slow. They have said that I should no longer be using Outlook on my PC and instead should be using Outlook.com.
They have installed a 2nd (Master) hard drive and it now runs on Windows 7.
I have tried setting up an Outlook.com profile yesterday and linked my existing email address to it (*****@******.*** which uses the Virginmedia Server) and it initially seemed to be syncing although it was trying to pick up over 12000 emails (every email held on my Virginmedia profile).
Now, when ever I try to re-launch it to read my emails all I get is: :-(, Something went wrong, We can't get that information right now. Please try again later.
I can no longer run Outlook on my PC as it is on the old Hard drive which has now become a slave drive.
Any suggestions?
Please help :(
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure :)
I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Received a request for an additional service costing £19 saying that if I accept you will automatically be paid for my original question as if it was sorted even though I have not had an answer yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this what I am supposed to do?
The request is for remote assistance. i'll connect and sort the issue out or setup something that works. Since there isn't a single line answer to your question BUT troubleshooting. They may have added a new disk, which is why they advise you that you cannot run Outlook to access emails, Outlook can still run if you have access to your installation files and license details, but if you don't have those, then you can use Thunderbird which is same as outlook (i can set it up remotely). Secondly, you are importing your emails from a third party company into Outlook.com, there is no need to do that when you can access them directly via VirginMedia. You can accept the request for remote, i'll connect and fix it.
Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=115770
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, but I have been able to get Outlook put back on my PC and I am nearly there, just need a little more help:I set up outlook as required, then imported the Outlook file you put on my desk top and all was going well. Then tried importing the 'Archive' file you put on my desk top and this is where it went wrong. It then started running very slow.The icon on the desk top changed. I managed to set up a new short cut icon and now it works fine but... when I first launch Outlook it says: 'The Outlook.PST can not be found' then takes me to a Library folder, if I close this I can then use Outlook fine.Can you help with this?
Looks like the files were imported incorrectly. I can help you with this. Let me know when can we connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here now :)
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=193823