Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

I have a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (2014 Edition) which after

I have a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (2014 Edition) which after giving excellent service, is now asking for a password ( which we have never entered) before it will continue. Having tried many different passwords it refuses to move on and I would like to know what I should do. I would prefer not to do a factory reset as I would lose some very sentimental Photographs.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Screen displays correct time and date over chosen wallpaper and qwerty keyboard, with the request for password ***** the right hand side. If a password ***** ***** the reply is WRONG PASWORD.
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that happened.If you have a google account connected to the Tablet you can use android device manager to reset the password>>go to..https://www.google.com/android/devicemanagerthen sign in with your google account and password. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung. Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have carried out your suggestions as follows; Reset password, had Google find my tablet and ring it. Unfortunately I am still unable to unlock it. It still asks for a password ***** will not budge after several attempts. What do you suggest next?
Brian
okay, did you sign in with your google account and password ***** androiddevicemanager.com. Then choose lock, then google will ask you to create a new password. Then you can use that password ***** unlock your screen on the Samsung. Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy,
My tablet has now died and will not switch on or charge. Thanks for your help and advice but looks like I shall need to buy a new tablet.
Brian