Steve M
Steve M, Consultant
Experience:  MCSE
67392652

Michael. I'm unable to launch to my adobe audition 3. I see

Customer Question

Hello Michael. I'm unable to launch to my adobe audition 3. I see you've helped others with this before. I have tried the ASIO trick but without success but with Windows 7 or 10 on this machine.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the same error message as the other users. "Adobe Audition could not find the supported device. Please check your device settings." It works on my other computers just not this one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Are you still requiring assistance on this post?
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
What version of windows are you running
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried installing Audition first, then soundcard?
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
Hi,You could also try Adobe support.https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=AUDT_how-tos-troubleshooting_troubleshoot_stillNeedHelp
Steve M, Consultant
Experience: MCSE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I originally had Windows 7 and it wasn't working but did on another computer with Windows 10. So I took advantage of Microsoft's free upgrade to 10 to see if that would fix the problem but to no avail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adobe Audition doesn't support the previous version
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you say install card? Do you mean take out the one I have, re-install audition, and then reinstall sound card?
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
Remove Audition using the programs uninstaller then Run the components.msi file as Administrator and reinstall.
Or I can help you do it by remote: OK using the computer that has the issue, go to the link below and click on Join your Session then select Download and allow the app to run, then look for my messages on your screen: http://mikethemacmedic.com:8040/?Session=45119e8e-3c8c-45e2-8a67-462920c924fd
Go to Settings / Updates and run it until there are no more update then try Audition again. Let me know if I need to connect again...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the newest version works but is $20 month for the rest of my life! That would add up to $1000 every 5 years. I really want to keep using the old version. Again, the old version has worked every on computer I have ever owned except for this one. It has worked on Windows XP, 7, and 10. So I'm fairly certain it's not an operating compatibility problem.
I'm afraid it would never worked forever you have new audio hardware it is just too old the new hardware is not supported, sorry...
There are always other ways get it but I can't help you with that : https://kickass.unblocked.tv/usearch/adobe%20audition/